Different varieties of laptops are available in the market. The laptop performance greatly depends upon its processors and RAM.
However, there are many things you can do on your laptop to improve its performance. In this article I’ll discuss the best and simple tips that will help you to have the best usage of your device.
After CPU, RAM is the vital hardware for laptops. The more memory your laptop has, the faster it becomes. So, if your laptop doesn’t have much memory, then it is better to upgrade the RAM. If you don’t prefer to upgrade the memory, you should free some to make sure your device process well. Here are some tips to help you solve this issue:
- Free some memory by minimizing the open windows
- Manage the usage of memory by using some tools, such as Memory Washer, RAM Optimizer, RAM Smash, etc.
- Close the unnecessary program
- Lower the memory usage of browser
- Get rid of spywares
- Increase the amount of Virtual Memory on your system
- Add RAM.
After CPU and RAM, Hard drive is another important hardware where all of the data are stored. It also plays some role in the overall performance of the laptop. Some of the things you can do regarding this issue are:
- using an External Hard drive
- defragmenting the drive on a regular basis.
Increase the Battery Life of Your Laptop
Sometimes you might have to work on your laptop using the battery. Here are some tips to help you improve the laptop battery life:
- A huge amount of battery power is consumed by CPU activities. You can optimize the battery life by controlling the speed of CPU with programs like SpeedSwitchXP.
- Defragmenting the Hard disk also allows the battery to work better and longer.
- Reduce the brightness of screen.
- Close the programs that are not necessary for you.
- Removal of external hardware, such as cool disks, USB mouse, etc. can increase the battery life significantly.
- It is better to add RAM rather than increasing the virtual memory.
- Clean the pins of battery.
- Use Hard drive more often than the CD\DVD ROMs.
- If you don’t need to use the laptop on battery, then at least use it once every 2 or 3 weeks. Or else the battery will start to show some problems very soon.
- Prefer hibernate than standby.
- Lower the temperature of laptop.
- Minimize the activity of Graphic card.
- Turn off the option of Auto Save on software.
- Use windows power option to set the system for minimal battery use.
- Turn off Bluetooth or Wi-Fi if you don’t need to use them.
- Put the laptop on the flat surfaces. This will reduce the temperature by allowing good ventilation under the laptop.
- Regularly check and clean the orifices of the laptop. Make sure they are always open to offer good ventilation for your laptop.
I think if all the above steps are followed perfectly, you will experience that your laptop is a true powerhouse for all your work wherever you are as it is portable too.
These are the best and ultimate ways you can apply to make your laptop a superman for long long years with its full performance.
How could you miss this? : 15 Must Have Windows Softwares That You Are Unaware Of